Rotary Club of Carlingford, Inc
was chartered in Oct 1972 as an affiliate of Rotary District 9685
We are a vibrant club of about 40 members from diverse professional and ethnic backgrounds. We espouse Rotary’s motto of “Service Above Self” and live by Rotary’s 4-way Test. Our focus is to serve humanity through our various projects in the local community, international, vocational, and youth programs. We do this by partnering with community organisations, charity groups, and other service clubs. Our projects are funded primarily by our bring-and-buy Market at North Rocks which we manage every Sunday morning. Our voluntary work is done in the spirit of fellowship and fun.
So come and join us Tuesday evenings for a dinner meeting at Muirfield Golf Club, or on a Sunday morning at our Market.
What is Rotary?
Rotary is an international humanitarian volunteer organisation founded in 1905.
Australia has 26,752 members as part of 1,211,107 in 220 countries (data 2020 Feb 29)
Rotary is non-religious, non-political and open to all. Clubs work to benefit their community and young people, often through education, and to aid other humanitarian projects in their own region and overseas. A group of people can often do far more than an individual. Rotarians can have fun, make strong friendships doing it. Rotary’s aim is to do good in the world and save lives. Consider joining rotary.org
For more than 100 years our guiding principles have been the foundation upon which our values and tradition stand. The Four-Way Test and the Avenues of Service express our commitment to service, fellowship, diversity, integrity, and leadership.
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100 languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings:
Of the things we think, say or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn more in An Introduction to Vocational Service and the Code of Conduct.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest. Learn more in Communities in Action: A Guide to Effective Projects.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.
What we do
Rotary members believe that we have a shared responsibility to take action on our world’s most persistent issues. Our 35,000+ clubs work together to:
- Promote peace
- Fight disease
- Provide clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Save mothers and children
- Support education
- Grow local economies
If you like making a difference, join us.