Medical Mission to Vietnam
Posted By webmaster
Carlingford Rotary Club recently supported this year’s AusViet Medical Mission to Tra Cu Village, Tra Vinh Province, Vietnam, about 5 hours drive south of Ho Chi Minh City(Saigong).
The mission was led by Dr Phuoc Vo, a member of Carlingford Rotary Club with Mike and Carol Morgan travelling as non-medical volunteers.
In the 3 days of operation, a team of medical volunteers from Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Vietnam achieved some amazing results to assist some of the poorest of the poor in a rural village situated in the Mekong Delta region.
Their achievements were:
- 450 Eye examinations
- 104 Cataract operations
- 746 Dental examinations with more than 1,000 dental treatments
- 1061 General medical examinations
- 40 Physiotherapy treatments
- 5422 Medical prescriptions dispensed
- 270 Hearing aids provided to the hearing loss people
- 386 Reading and sunglasses given
- 37 Ultrasounds
- 95 Blood tests
- 1200 Education & hygiene gift packs distributed to disadvantaged children
- 45 Education sanitary packs for teenage girls
- 300 Humanitarian gift packs donated to impoverished families
If you wish to hear most about this mission, come to our Rotary meeting on Tuesday 25th September at 6.15pm.
Contact us for more information.